• Continued development and support of teacher/student web applications for the 16th largest school district in the U.S. (wcpss.net)
• Developed mobile content application in 2006 to deliver branded news, sports scores, and ads (ncaafbmobile.com)
• Wrote setup guides, user’s manuals and collateral material for a Fortune 500 manufacturer
• Developed online registration system that processed over $2M in 2003 (hoopitup.com, soccer3v3.com)
• Customization of Content Management Systems for high-traffic sites (ukathletics.com, contoursexpress.com, secsports.com, ncaafootball.com, and others)
• E-commerce development and customization for multiple sites (store.texassports.com, MStateAthletics.com, usyouthsoccer.org, and more)
• Developed convention registration tool for national association management group (ntaonline.com)
• Led the planning, development, and implementation of a department intranet site for Fortune 500 company
• Coordinated and maintained publications portion of a Fortune 500 Web site; managed content in more than 25 languages
• Developed a file management tool for managing streaming media files
• Completed training with Tom Christiansen Perl Consultancy
• Extensive work on enterprise-class systems. Industry experience since 2000.
• Frameworks: Zend, CakePHP, jQuery, Symphony
• CMS Experience: WordPress, Drupal, proprietary CMS customization
• Apache and Linux admin
• OS Experience: AIX, FreeBSD, Linux (Debian, CentOS, Fedora, Mandrake, Ubuntu), Mac OS X, Solaris, Windows
• Databases: MySql, Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSql
• Versioning: PVCS, CVS, SubVersion, Git
• Working knowledge of Java, C, Tcl, and ASP
• Excellent interpersonal skills developed over ten years of outside sales experience.
• Management experience overseeing a group of five to service a $10M per year logistics contract.
• Project management experience overseeing 6 – 12 simultaneous localization projects in up to 26 languages.
• Experience addressing all group sizes, from individuals to large groups, for informational and persuasive objectives. Comfortable presenting complex information in an effective method to the target audience.
• Experience creating end-user documentation including user’s guides, setup guides, quick references, and collateral material for a Fortune 500 company.
IT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Web Applications Developer 11/2007 – Present
Alliance of Professionals and Consultants, Inc.
New development and production support of Student Information Systems and the Development & Planning departments for a school district of more than 150,000 students. Working primarily in a LAMP environment also using an Oracle database.
Program Manager 5/2006 – 10/2007
Boneal, Inc. – boneal.com / boneal.net
Responsible for the planning and management of online portals to improve flow of orders and communication with both clients and vendors; management of a Third Party Logistics team to fulfill obligations for multi-million dollar U.S. Air Force contract. Designed and built the entire supporting online system, including: a vendor portal to manage suppliers, quotes, and data packages for inventory; an e-commerce front end to accept orders from soldiers in the field; a control panel for the client to monitor orders throughout the acquisition process from purchase to delivery; an internal control panel to monitor all facets of the logistics process. The internal control panel monitors purchase orders placed with vendors, requests for quote on new items added to the contract, quotations received from suppliers, shipping schedules and tracking information of parts en route. Entire system runs in a LAMP environment.
Owner 2/2005 – 2/2010
Web development and hosting services company. Specialized in dynamic content sites using custom CMS tools and applications for content delivery to mobile devices.
Senior Web Applications Developer 3/2003 – 2/2005
iHigh.com / Host Communications
Technical Writer/Web Developer/Project Manager 5/2000 – 2/2003
Long-term contract on-site at Lexmark International. Primary responsibilities: writing setup guides, user’s manuals, and collateral material for mono and color laser printers; evaluating and testing new methods of publications delivery; creating and maintaining a department Intranet site; developing Web-based applications for the Intranet that automate department processes and capture information in a searchable database for use by management; creating and maintaining Web pages for the publications portion of the Lexmark Web site; project planning and management for world-wide localization of consumer printers; and coordinating with engineering, product marketing, local geographies, documentation, QA, operations, and outside vendors.
Account Manager 1/1999 – 4/2000
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.
Responsible for developing sales proposals that include explanation of services, labor cost analysis, and earnings comparisons. Directed sales to factories, restaurants, schools, colleges, etc. Planned and coordinate special events and public relation efforts to build brand loyalty.
Operations Manager/Asst. General Manager 1/1995 – 12/1998
Maintained sales growth rate of over 30% through developing key accounts, building sales in new product lines and training new sales people. Launched Tool Division in Ashland, KY with first year sales over $500,000. Managed warehouse and inventory, including a revamp of the throughput of goods in the warehouse. Managed customer inventory through kanban and other systems. Daily contact with purchasers, engineers, managers and workers in many industries including petroleum refining, steel, mining, bridge and highway construction, utilities, haz-mat control, manufacturing, general contracting, and more.
Site Manager/Sales 6/1990 – 12/1994
E & M Heating and Air Conditioning
Responsible for sales and estimation of residential jobs, project site manager for commercial and residential jobs. Maintained over 30% sales success rate. Originated customer database for direct mail campaign. Developed and implemented print and outdoor advertising.
BS, University of Southern Indiana
Major: Communications, emphasis in Public Relations
Minor: Political Science
Internship with HVAC service company. Designed and implemented print and outdoor advertising. Originated a customer database and direct mail campaign. Enhanced community relations through networking in Chamber of Commerce meetings and other community special events.