- Continued development and support of web apps for the 16th largest school district in the U.S.
- Developed mobile content application in 2006 (pre-iPhone) to deliver branded news, sports scores, and ads
- Created a registration system for a national sports affinity group, processing over $2M yearly
- Customization of CMS modules for high-traffic sites (ukahtletics.com, contoursexpress.com, secsports.com, ncaafootball.com, others)
- Developed convention registration tool for national association management group
- Led the planning, development, and implementation of a department intranet site for Fortune 500 company
- Coordinated and maintained publications portion of a Fortune 500 Web site; managed content in 25 languages
- Developed a file management tool for managing streaming media files
- Wrote setup guides, user’s manuals and collateral material for a Fortune 500 manufacturer\
- Extensive work on enterprise-class systems. Industry experience since 2000.
- Frameworks: Laravel, Zend 1 and 2, jQuery, Symphony
- CMS Experience: WordPress, Drupal, proprietary CMS customization
- Apache and Nginx configuration; Linux admin experience
- OS Experience: Mac OS X, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Fedora), AIX, FreeBSD, Solaris, Windows
- Databases: MySql, Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSql
- Versioning: Git, SVN, CVS
- Working knowledge of Java, C, Perl
- Effective team skills while working remotely, having worked exclusively from home since 2008
- Management experience overseeing a group of five to service a $10M/year contract
- Project management experience overseeing 6 – 12 simultaneous localization projects in up to 26 languages
- Public speaking experience addressing small and large groups
- Comfortable presenting complex information in an effective method to the target audience
- Training experience as a certified motorcycle safety coach for Harley Davidson and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation
- Experience creating end-user documentation including user’s guides, setup guides, quick references, and collateral material for a Fortune 500 company
Senior Developer 11/2007 – Present
Alliance of Professionals and Consultants, Inc.
Full-stack development and production support for multiple departments at the nation’s 16th largest school district. Working primarily in a LAMP environment with some apps using Oracle. Primary frameworks include Laravel, Zend 1 and 2, and jQuery. Projects include: a state-wide high-school transcript REST API; accounting application for managing the district-wide annual budgeting process; time tracking application for all contractors; and various modules for managing student information systems.
Program Manager 5/2006 – 10/2007
Responsible for the planning and management of a Third Party Logistics team to fulfill obligations for multi-million dollar U.S. Air Force contract. Designed and built the entire supporting online system, including: a vendor portal to manage suppliers, quotes, and data packages for inventory; an e-commerce front end to accept orders from soldiers in the field; a control panel for the client to monitor orders throughout the acquisition process from purchase to delivery; an internal control panel to monitor all facets of the logistics process. The internal control panel monitors purchase orders placed with vendors, requests for quote on new items added to the contract, quotations received from suppliers, shipping schedules and tracking information of parts en route. Entire system runs in a LAMP environment.
Freelance Developer 2/2005 – 2/2010
Design and development of custom web-based applications. Planning and coordination of projects from inception to completion. Projects include: multiple custom WordPress plugins for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association; “Wrangler Nation” mobile app for pulling data from WordPress via Ionic and AngularJS; a teacher lesson plan application in WordPress, used by the KY Department of Education; a touchscreen biometric measurement kiosk with web interface, using PHP and C.
Senior Web Applications Developer 3/2003 – 2/2005
iHigh.com / Host Communications
Project Manager / Technical Writer 5/2000 – 2/2003
Long-term contract on-site at Lexmark International. Primary responsibilities: project planning and management for world-wide localization of consumer printers; coordinating with engineering, product marketing, local geographies, documentation, QA, operations, and outside vendors; evaluated department processes and procedures, created and implemented methods to improve department workflow; creating and maintaining a department Intranet site; developing Web-based applications for the Intranet that automate department processes; evaluating and testing new methods of publications delivery; and developing setup guides, user’s manuals, and collateral material for mono and color laser printers.
BS, University of Southern Indiana
Major: Communications, emphasis in Public Relations
Minor: Political Science